It is nearly ‘’that’’ time of year again…Christmas Season!! I don’t know about you, but I can hardly believe the year is in its final quarter…time surely flies when one is having fun!
I hope that you all had a wonderful, blessed 2014 so far and I’m sure you know exactly what I’m building up towards!
Since 2012 The Ilze Halliday Foundation has been involved with the Santa Shoebox Project and many of you already know all there is to know about SSB; many have contributed over the past few years and helped us to make the world a wonderful place…one box at a time.
This year our target remains at 100 000 boxes countrywide (Namibia included), although last year we managed to give gifts to more than 118 000 children. This was mostly thanks to people like yourself, individuals who care and take the time to fill a single box with goodies for one child. Some of my donors gave more than just one or two boxes….some businesses pledged up to 250 boxes at a time. Well, whether it was one or many….we managed to have more than enough to share the joy of the festive season to those who need it most.
This year then, I urge you to support us once again….just one box will do or if you want to involve your workplace or business, friends or neighbours and get them to fill truckloads of shoeboxes…you are more than welcome.
Here is how it works:
1. Register as a supporter on the website (www.santashoebox.co.za)
2. Select the drop-off closest to you
3. Now you will just have to follow the prompts on the site to select that one special child you would like to bless with a gift this year
4. Your labels will be sent via email, as well as the necessary information about ‘’How to fill a box’’
5. Purchase your items, cover an empty shoebox in gift wrap, paste the label on the lid and PRESTO!!
6. During drop-off days in October you take your box to the selected drop-off and THATS ALL!!
I like to give donors another few options to contribute, so here it is:
A. YOU’VE PLEDGED A BOX BUT CAN’T GET TO THE DROP-OFF ON THE DAY
• You contact me IMMEDIATELY – contact details below
• If you live in the Pretoria area, I will collect or arrange for drop-off at an alternative venue
B. YOU DON’T HAVE TIME TO SHOP FOR ITEMS, BUT WOULD LOVE TO PLEDGE ANYWAY
Contact me IMMEDIATELY to make further arrangements.
C. YOU CANNOT FILL AN ENTIRE BOX, BUT WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE SOMETHING
Santa Shoebox often needs extra items (fillers) to add to some boxes. Here is a list of items required:
• Stationery/Educational supplies
• Clothing items
• Sweets and snacks
• Extra fillers like sunglasses, wallets, flashlights, jewellery, creative kits, boardgames, etc
• Empty shoeboxes
• Wrapping paper
• Rubber bands
• Black markers
• Celebration day goodies (for the parties- held in November/December- when we hand out the gifts). Things like:
o Cold drinks
o Party packs
D. YOU WISH TO GIVE A BULK DONATION OF BOXES OR ITEMS
Once again, give me a call or send an email. I can help to arrange a presentation for your company about Santa Shoebox and provide the necessary marketing material. You can click on the links below for more information:
Please help us to make South Africa and Namibia a VERY HAPPY place this Christmas season.
And REMEMBER!!! If you have ANY QUESTIONS at all about this project, do not hesitate to contact me.