At the bottom of this post are details of the celebrations held at the 6 facilities across Pretoria I coordinate on behalf of Santa Shoebox Project.
WHAT HAPPENS AT CELEBRATIONS?
I always encourage the donors I meet to volunteer at these celebrations. It is a brilliant way of them to experience the wonder of the gift they are giving these children…it is SO much more than just a ‘’shoebox’’.
You get the opportunity to meet the children and their caregivers and you can have a look at the circumstances they are educated and cared for. I guarantee it will give you an entirely fresh perspective on what the cause is all about.
During the event itself, the children are told the Santa Shoebox Story and then, usually before my ‘’rent-a-Santa’’ arrives, the children perform for us. You will be surprised at the wonderful way they show their appreciation for our efforts…and the trouble they go to to make the special.
The excitement reaches a new high when the gifts are handed out…..those faces!! Priceless!! Afterwards the party kicks off with drinks and snacks provided by volunteers and myself.
HOW CAN YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THE FESTIVITIES?
- You can donate your time and volunteer to join us on the day (it is only for two hours)
- You can volunteer for a specific role….like to be Santa for the day or be the storyteller (it helps if you can speak an African language)
- Donate party packs, sweets, cake, cold drinks, ice cream
- Bring along clothing, educational equipment and toys, stationery, books, food, linen, cleaning materials like soap, detergent, dishwashing liquid, etc that can be donated to the facility (contact me if you would like to find out about specific needs)
DETAILS OF MY FACILITIES’ CELEBRATIONS
- Wednesday, 19 November @ Vos Early Learning Centre from 10:00 to 12:00 in Sunnyside, Pretoria
- Friday, 21 November @ Ikaneng Drop-in and Daycare from 10:00 to 12:00 in Soshanguve NN
- Tuesday, 25 November @ Madzibandlela Orphanage from 10:00 to 12:00 in Soshanguve Ext 7
- Thursday, 27 November @ Ditebogo Daycare from 10:00 to 12:00 in Hammanskraal
- Saturday, 29 November @ Forever Angels Place of Safety from 10:00 to 12:00 in Montana Park
- Saturday, 6 December @ My Kassie 2nd Chanz Foundation from 10:00 to 12:00 in Eersterust
If you can be of any assistance at all, please contact me at least 2 days before celebration so that I can make arrangements and send you the proper directions and further details. You can also complete the contact form below.
Thank you all for your loyal support so far.