For the people of South Africa, January means ”back to school” month. We go out in our masses to the various shops and purchase all the supplies our children will need throughout (at least) the first few months of their school year. I am sure many of you have already done this chore (I hate doing shopping myself, so this is really an enormous CHORE for me) and the children have already packed their schoolbags, excited to get back to their friends and a new year in a new school or grade. Like myself, you’ve marked each and every item with care, made sure you’re stocked with enough plastic book covers, tape and name tags, so that, once school lets in and the avalanche of handbooks and exercise books arrive, you’ll be all set to cover it.
In all this excitement we tend to forget there are people in the world that do not have the means to purchase simple items like pens and pencils, rulers and erasers, much less more expensive things like proper, strong school bags and zipped folders to keep each subject’s books separate. Some people can barely afford school uniforms and school fees.
With this in mind, I would like to ask that, when you do your school-stuff-shopping, please buy an extra ruler or an extra eraser (nothing expensive….remember, every little bit counts and will help others in need) and get in touch with me. I will come and collect within the Pretoria area. Below is a list of the educational items usually listed by schools. Choose one item or donate them all….it doesn’t matter, somewhere, someone will benefit from your donation. (For more donation options, please have a look at the bottom of the list.)
BASIC SCHOOL STATIONERY LIST
- Ball point pens (blue, black and red)
- HB Pencils
- Color pencils
- Wax crayons
- Pencil Sharpener
- Scissors (blunt)
- Glue (Pritt)
- Soft/hard cover exercise books
- Plastic book covers/rolls of plastic
- Paper (to cover books)
- Purchase the items, complete the contact form below and I’ll be in touch to arrange pick-up/drop-off (Pretoria area ONLY)
- Purchase items online and have it sent to my address (complete contact form below and I’ll forward my address to you) – click here for Pick’nPay Online Shopping or click here to view the Pick’nPay Back To School Catalogue
- Donate an amount of your choice to us and we will use the funds to purchase the necessary items (complete contact form and I’ll send account details)
PLEASE COMPLETE THE CONTACT FORM BELOW IF YOU WISH TO CONTRIBUTE TO THIS INITIATIVE IN SOME WAY.
I will be in touch ASAP with the relevant details.
Please note that proof of delivery of all items will be submitted to every donor and photographs will be posted on this blog and on Facebook.