@roxy_zowitsky @zantieswanepoel @OliviaOdendaal
I received a call from Lizzie in Soshanguve, North of Pretoria, this morning. The lady wishes to open a new crèche for the children in her community. She has a house and electricity, but is in desperate need for those special things that pre-schoolers need. Now, I’ll be visiting the site at the end of March, but, in the meantime…if you have ANYTHING that can help her set up,well, it will be brilliant.
She’s starting from scratch and I am so excited on her behalf. Have a look at your own kids’ pre-school….what makes it special? Remember, at the moment she has and EMPTY house, not kid’s stuff at all, but this is her dream….to help, support and care for the innocent little ones in her community.
Below is a list of the things I think will put her well on her way to making her endeavour a huge success:
- Educational supplies – pens, crayons, paper, colouring books, puzzles, playdough, a white board and markers, books to read, musical instruments, other crafts material, etc.
- Furniture – kid’s plastic chairs and tables, naptime sponge mattresses, jungle gym, swings, teacher’s chair and table
- Mealtime supplies – plastic cutlery, plates, food, stove to cook meals and, of course food.
- Teacher’s support supplies – posters for classroom, computers and printers, guide to lesson plans, advanced training, general stationary: pens, pencils, printing paper,
- General – bathroom facilities, water (borehole and pump), carpets in the classrooms (for those long, cold winters), general building repairs and upgrade
These are but a few basic needs required to make this pre-school into a second home for the kids. Have a sit down and think about all the wonderful things your children receive at their respective daycare/pre-schools. Remember, children are the future and if we do not teach them properly it turns in to a nightmare cycle…..bad grades in school, no university, no jobs and, eventually they turn to crime just to feed their own families…..crime that we blame on everyone but ourselves. We have a responsibility, people. I’m not saying you should go out and purchase a brand new jungle gym or sponsor 10 teachers to get proper education…..I’m just saying, we all have stuff just cluttering our homes, some of it can be used by others who have none. Get in touch with me NOW. Every little contribution helps, so don’t be shy or selfish….share your good fortune – just a little bit. Kindness and giving never hurt anyone.
Please, remember, second hand materials are NEVER frowned at. These children have NOTHING. Give them an opportunity to live their lives, fulfil their dreams and they will eventually be able to contribute to the welfare of society….OUR society. A better world starts with YOU!
E-mail me for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the contact form below and I’ll be in touch.
As always I know I can rely on your support.
Thank you so much and God bless.