It is only with the help of the public that I can reach out to the various facilities I support and supply them with much needed items, be it food, clothing, toys, furniture, whatever. Over the past few months I’ve received many donations from friends, acquaintances and total strangers; it is time to thank them all for their generosity, without them my job would be futile.
Today my heartfelt gratitude goes out to:
- Marinda Deysel from El Pelo Studio in Magalieskruin – for the loyal support I’ve received over the years from her and her staff. This time Marinda donated clothes, clothing hangers and puzzles.
- Karin Spykerman, an old school friend, has been particularly supportive, donating electrical appliances, furniture, clothes, etc to, amongst others, Madzibandlela Orphanage. In February she and her mother delivered a wheelchair to Eersterust Care and Training Centre. This time of year, though, as usual, Karin supported The Santa Shoebox Project by pledging boxes and wrapping paper. I am to deliver the boxes to drop-off in October.
- Annette Opperman and her daughter kindly dropped off empty shoeboxes at my home for use by The Santa Shoebox Project. In addition to this Annette will be hosting a celebration for the SSB during November at one of the daycare centres. As if that is not enough, the two busy ladies have been helping out at Rock of Hope Place of Safety in Montana Park; assisting Mientjie Prozesky, the housemother, in caring for her many babies.
- Marline Jonker donated two bags filled with lovely toys which, I’m sure, many little ones in need of something to love will welcome.
- I would also like to add a thank you for furniture donated to Ditebogo Daycare. The person responsible was Annette Jacobs who allocated redundant office furniture from the SA Reserve Bank to this daycare in Hammanskraal.
- Last, but definitely not the least, Marinda once again saw to it that I received a huge donation from one of her clients, Karin. Thank you so much for the curtains and linen. One of the orphanages will definitely be able to put it to good use.
To all of you who have supported my organization in the past, thank you. Every item I receive makes the life of someone in need a little better.
There will always be needs and, if you can help at all by donating items, please do not hesitate to contact me immediately. You can inbox me on Facebook or message me on Twitter or send and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below a list of items needed at the moment:
- Food (tinned vegetables, meat, fruit and pasta, dry food: pasta, rice, maize, powdered milk, milk formula and baby food)
- Clothing and shoes
- Educational supplies
- Toiletries (soap, shampoo, baby products)
Two projects that you can also support are:
- The Santa Shoebox Project: pledge a box here and help us to share the joy of giving this festive season.
- The Sweethearts Foundation: collect all your plastic bottle tops and bread tags, find your closest drop-off point and help them to supply the disabled with wheelchairs.
Your kindness and generosity are, as always, much appreciated.
REMEMBER: You CAN make a difference.