How to Pledge a Santa Shoebox and Share A Smile this Christmas

Via @santashoebox on Facebook

Image via Santa Shoebox Project on Facebook

The target = 100 000 boxes; this equals 100 000 smiles and shouts of joy from as many children in South Africa.

Come on people, YOU’VE DONE IT BEFORE….LET’S DO IT AGAIN!!

At the moment, according to the SSB website 48% of the boxes have been pledged. Month end is coming, so when you do your shopping, just buy an extra something to support this cause and ensure the other 52% of the children don’t go empty-handed. Pledge NOW. Click here.

HOW TO PLEDGE A SANTA SHOEBOX & SHARE SOME JOY THIS CHRISTMAS!!

  1. Visit the website at www.santashoebox.org.za
  2. Click on the “Click here to Start Pledging button”
  3. Register as a Supporter
  4. Remember to select a drop off point that you can get to on the drop off date (double check your date here: http://www.santashoebox.co.za/find-my-local-dropoff/)
  5. Select the name and age of a child you’d like to pledge a box for.

I’VE PLEDGED A BOX. WHAT DO I DO NOW?

All the information you need is on the SSB website and would be available to you as soon as you’ve pledged your child. But here are some tips anyway.

  1. Find a suitable shoebox and cover it (lid and box separate, please) with wrapping paper.
  2. You will receive your Santa Shoebox label with the child’s name and code via e-mail. Print it, cut it out and paste it on the box.
  3. Now you can fill the box with age-appropriate goodies for your selected child (see list of compulsory items below)
  4. Close the lid properly with the help of an elastic band or two.
  5. Keep the box safe until drop-off day in your area and then take it to the appointed venue.
  6. Your child will receive his/her box within a month at a celebration held by Santa Shoebox volunteers at his/her daycare/school/orphanage.

WHAT MUST BE IN THE BOX?

  • Soap and facecloth
  • Toothbrush and toothpaste
  • Educational supplies (pens, pencils, coloring books, etc)
  • Something sweet (toffees, gums, marshmallows – not chocolate)
  • Toys
  • Clothing
  • For a detailed brochure, click here.

For any information, please do not hesitate to contact your local SSB-coordinator.

You can click on the image below to visit Santa Shoebox’s ”Handy Downloads App’ on Facebook.

Click on the image to visit SSB’s ”Handy Downloads App” on Facebook.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s