I know you may be tired of the same old song and dance….people standing at street corners, begging, and others, like me, nagging on social media for constant support. The truth is, though, that without your contributions many people in the world may succumb to the indecencies of poverty.
You see, every single loaf of bread, every tin of baked beans or packet of soup, every single piece of second hand clothing you give, helps another, less fortunate person survive another day. And, not only does it help him or her to make it through the day physically, it becomes a shining light in their dark lives. Yes, your single serving Royco soup (You know that one that is past its ‘use by’-date? The one you wanted to throw away, but decided to give to us instead?), it has become a beacon of hope for someone, it gave someone the feeling that out there, in the great, big, bad world, another person cared enough to share some of his bounty.
I know we live in tough times and everyone is counting the days until the next paycheck. Many of the requests I’ve received over the past week emphasizes the horror that many must endure in this unstable economic climate. So please, have a read through the (many) needs below and, if you can help at all, contact me ASAP. Follow this link and click on the ‘send email’-button at the top of the FB page, or Direct Message me on Twitter.
Needs for November/December 2016:
- Clothing – especially babies and children 2-6 years old, but any age is welcome
- Milk formula
- Wet Wipes
- Toiletries – baby bath stuff, deodorants, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, sanitary pads
- Cleaning products – toilet rolls, dishwash liquid, washing powder, softener, etc
- Tinned food – vegetables, meat, spaghetti, fish
- Dried food – maize meal, rice, pasta, soup, sugar, powdered milk, etc.
- Bottled water
- Educational supplies for the new year
Remember, it is NOT ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU GIVE, BUT THAT YOU GIVE ANYTHING AT ALL.
Thank you for your support.