It is the time of year when we all start to wind down a little bit, spoil ourselves with some extra treats and spend quality family time. A much needed rest after another eventful and exhausting year. There are some people, however, within our own communities who do not have the luxury of ‘spoiling’ themselves; they can barely feed themselves. You will be surprised to find out that the person in need is the person living right next door to you. Perhaps it is time you start looking around to see what is happening in your own community.
Throughout the year this organization has distributed food, clothes, toys and gifts to thousands of people; we’ve joined hands with other organizations to help people all over South Africa and even in far off Uganda. This December, though, we plan to reach out to those closer to home and we need YOUR help.
First of all, we need you to do some investigative work; have a good look around your community. Do you notice a family that may need some extra support this Christmas? Someone who recently lost a job, someone who worries about his kids going to bed hungry, someone who needs the loving kindness of another person. Do you want to make a difference in that person’s life this festive season? Well, this is your chance.
There is just one rule, though, the person or family MUST LIVE IN THE PRETORIA AREA.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO?
- Identify the needy family or individual in your community
- Send an e-mail with your own contact details, as well as details about the person(s) you identified. Click here to send the e-mail.
WHAT WE WILL DO?
- In reply to your email we will send you our banking details and more information about the Festive Hamper.
- After we’ve received the funds, we will purchase the items and make up the hamper.
- We deliver the food hamper to you, so that you can hand it over to the family/individual you identified or we deliver it to them on your behalf.
The Festive Food Hamper costs R 300-00 and will include the following:
- 1 x canned vegetables
- 1 x canned fruit
- 1 x canned meat or fish
- 1 x powdered custard
- 1 x 1kg white sugar
- 1 x 50 teabags
- 1 x small jam
- 1 x brown bread
- 1 x 500g pasta/rice
- 1 x 750g breakfast cereal
- 1 x 750ml orange squash
- 1 x 125g chips
- 1 x packet of sweets
- 1 x packet of biscuits
THE DEADLINE FOR ORDERS IS 7 DECEMBER 2016.
If you have any questions, please get in touch by sending a WhatsApp/SMS to +27 72 436 0562.
Thank you for your support.