#Technology #Nonprofit #Fundraising
Technology continues to develop and many of us can barely keep up. Fortunately for nonprofits, this opens up a whole new means of fundraising.
The South African Institute for Fundraising (SAIF) explains the various means that can be employed to raise funds.
- The importance of using mobile devices and making websites, etc mobile friendly.
- Encourage monthly giving, which makes it easier for a donor to spread his or her donation over 12 months. This makes giving affordable and ensures a steady income for the nonprofit.
- Grow your list of donors. Have people sign up via e-mail, social media and other channels at your disposal.
- Do invest in Social Media. It is an easier way to update donors and attract prospective sponsors and supporters. It will also show your followers that ‘things are happening’ and that your nonprofit is not stagnant.
- Facebook is especially effective. With video uploads and sharing possibilities you can reach far more people than just your listed donors.
- Peer to peer fundraising and crowdfunding are helpful tools and, especially peer to peer, has been used successfully for years. Get your volunteers and supporters to spread the word and raise funds for your cause or start a crowdfunding campaign online, using one of the many available platforms.
You can continue to read the full article here.
SAIF. Article: How nonprofits can raise more money: 6 trends to watch. Web: http://www.saifundraising.org.za/how-nonprofits-can-raise-more-money-6-trends-to-watch/ Shortlink: bit.ly/2FDdj3e